2020 was a strange time. Fortunately, creative minds always come up with new, better ways to do business despite all the struggles.
How to hire a development team without recruitment, HR administration, and all that stuff? This article presents one of the best solutions.
What it’s like hiring a regular development team?
Let’s talk about hiring a development team on your own. You need to take care of an awful lot of things.
First, you need to know in detail who you need. What technologies you’ll use. How many juniors and seniors will you need? Do you need them full-time? How long will you need them, and how much work will they have?
Then it’s crucial to know how to find the right people on the market. Reaching software development experts and convincing them to work for your company is a challenge. The real experts know their value and won’t change their job easily, even if you pay more than average.
But let’s say you managed to hire these sought for specialists. Now you need to devote some time to administrative work like contracts, holidays, sick leaves, etc. Lots of additional work someone needs to do around your team.
But wait, there’s more! You’ve just hired a group of people. Now you have to transform this loose group into a team.
What if we told you it doesn’t have to be like that?
What is a Dedicated Development Team?
A dedicated development team brings the benefits of nearshoring to your company. You choose a team of software development experts who will work exclusively for your company but will be hired by an external company, like Inspeerity.
I know what it sounds like, but it’s a little like leasing a car. You can use it as if it was yours, but it’s not your problem to choose an insurance provider (for example).
Your dedicated development team can consist of virtually any combination of specialists that suits your needs.
- Front-end and Back-end developers
- QA experts
- UX/UI designers
- Business Analysts
- PMs, Scrum Masters
What are the benefits of hiring a Dedicated Development Team?
A dedicated development team looks almost like a regular team in your company. What are the benefits then? What’s better or more handy when hiring a dedicated team?
- Cost efficiency – it’s cheaper to hire the whole dedicated team than to build such a team within your company from scratch.
- Predictability – you pay a regular monthly fee or even better you can be billed on regular Time and Material basis, and you don’t need to care about additional costs anymore.
- No more struggle with recruitment – the external company is responsible for the whole recruitment and the administrative work.
- Hassle-free and flexible talent management – you can hire teams when you really need them.
- Comprehensive team from the very beginning – you get all the skills you need in a team. No need for adjustments, but plenty of room for them at the same time.
- Vast experience – the team you hire has worked for various companies and in diverse projects. It’s difficult to achieve with your in-house team.
As you can see, a dedicated development team can fulfil all your needs regarding software development. But will it always work?
What are the challenges when hiring a Dedicated Development Team?
Hiring a dedicated development team is a noteworthy opportunity for your company. However, there are a few things that need more attention.
First, sometimes it may be difficult to find a team that suits your corporate values and overall approach toward software development. Although the best practices are spread throughout the industry, some developers don’t apply them.
Second, the team should have experience and work according to the principles most suitable to your project. Sometimes it will be a waterfall, but in most cases, you‘ll need agile. There’s more to this though, and the team should fit as closely as possible. You can read more about when to use agile in this article.
Next, dedicated development teams are almost always remote teams. They may work together in one office, but it’s rarely your office. So there come the regular challenges of remote team management, including communication and motivation. Fortunately, the more experienced the team, the fewer problems you’ve got.
Another thing comes with the fact that some teams are more remote than others. Often it brings challenges emerging from cultural differences. On one hand, it’s an enriching experience that should help you grow but on the other hand, it can influence the atmosphere and decrease the team’s performance.
Finally, security issues. Especially at the very beginning of your relationship with a particular team, you shouldn’t outsource critical projects and processes. Later, as you get to know each other, you’ll know how far you can go.
When to hire a Dedicated Development Team?
Let’s talk about situations when a dedicated development team really shows its advantages. There are certain types of projects or times when a dedicated team is the best choice. However, they all share one trait: a job to be done. Such teams are like special forces. They don’t walk around issuing parking tickets. You hire them because there’s a complex long-term task requiring specialist know-how, specific skillset, and experience proven in battle.
- Limited internal assets – your development team has not enough time to carry out your project. Maybe the project grew too big, or some unforeseen changes emerged.
- Lack of specific know-how – there’s a realm that requires specific expertise you don’t have inside your company.
- Need the team now – you don’t want to spend too much time on recruitment and all the human resources activities you’d normally perform with an in-house team. You want a working team now.
- Need for scalability – apparently, you need to scale up and cannot wait for your developers to finish their current tasks.
- Needing rare talents – you need to hire specialists who are difficult to find.
Where to find a Dedicated Development Team for hire?
Finding the supplier of a Dedicated Development Team isn’t as difficult as creating such a team from scratch. Still, you’ll need to set your expectations, technological needs, and financial constraints.
Luckily, you’re reading this article on our website. Let us contact you with a free Dedicated Team consultation. Knowing your needs and the problems you face, we may support your company with a team of experienced development specialists.